Here's a day in the life of a scene in my WIP - or maybe more like a week in the life:
1. Wrote the scene.
2. Got stuck on following scene
3. Went back and read the scene.
4. Hated the scene.
5. Edited the scene.
6. Read it again, still hated it.
7. Copied and pasted the scene into a document called "DELETED SCENES".
8. Deleted scene from draft.
9. Started new scene.
10. Got one sentence written.
11. Gave up on scene, took afternoon off.
12. Reread scene from DELETED SCENES.
13. Decided it really wasn't so bad.
14. Copied and pasted scene back into draft.
15. Went on and wrote following scene.