Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dueling creativity

It's a gorgeous day - and spring is officially hear so everything is blooming. I've been gazing at all the trees and flowers as I ride around town and really wishing I could sit down and do some painting. I don't paint very often - mostly because I'm not really good at it, I just dabble, by literally dabbing paint on the canvas.

Nevertheless, I get in these moods sometimes where I really want to waste some paint, mess up a perfectly good clean white canvas and splatter things with paint water.

However, I really need to get some writing done. I'm still ahead of schedule with my rough drafts, but I don't want to fall behind.

Decisions. Decisions. I'll probably start out by writing. If I hit a wall, then at least I'll have a good excuse to take a break and do some painting.


Here's something I painted the last time I painted. It's technically more drawing than painting, but i twas fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment